Immediate diagnosis of viral gastroenteritis
VIKIA® Rota-Adeno is a simple rapid test used as an aid in the immediate diagnosis of viral gastroenteritis by rotaviruses and adenoviruses. It simultaneously detects both viruses in stool specimens.
- High sensitivity and specificity versus commercial rapid tests
- Ready-to-use kit
- Avoids inadequate antibiotic treatment and enables limitation of outbreaks
Do you need more information
VIKIA® Rota-Adeno is a rapid, qualitative, chromatographic immunoassay for the simultaneous detection of rotaviruses and adenoviruses, which are responsible for the majority of pediatric diarrhea cases. Rapid diagnosis of the infectious agent avoids unnecessary antibiotic treatment and leads to rapid isolation of infected patients.
- Very low viral detection limit:
- Lower than ELISA or latex tests
- Enables diagnosis of diarrhea with low viral loads
- No need for stool suspension sedimentation: use of a minute stool sample for a quicker result
- High sensitivity relative to another ICT test*:
Rotavirus : 100 % [96.3 - 100]
Adenovirus : 97.6 % [87.4 - 99.6]
- High specificity relative to another ICT test *: 100 % [98.6 - 100]
* See package insert for performance details.
Extreme ease of use
- One single stool extract for the simultaneous detection of rotaviruses and adenoviruses
- Only 10 minutes from sample dispense to results
- Just 3 steps to perform directly on stool specimens:
- After stool collection, everything required for the procedure is included in the kit: vials with sticks, disposable specimen droppers
- Safe procedure: very limited contact with stool specimen
|Technical specifications for VIKIA® Rota-Adeno|
Each kit includes:
- 20 ready-to-use test devices
- 20 disposable specimen droppers
- 20 vials of fecal specimen dilution buffer
|Time to result||10 minutes|
|Sample type||Fecal specimen|
|Sample volume||50 µL|
|Sensitivity||Rotavirus: 100% [96.3 - 100] (103 positive stool specimens)
Adenovirus: 97.6% [87.4 - 99.6] (42 positive stool specimens)
|Specificity||100% [98.6-100] (290 negative stool specimens)|
|Shelf life||18 months|
VIKIA Rota-Adeno Kit
Consult your local bioMérieux representative for product availability in your country.
- De Rougemont A, et al. Sensitivity and specificity of the VIKIA® Rota-Adeno immunochromatographic test (bioMérieux) and the ELISA IDEIATM Rotavirus kit (Dako) compared to genotyping. Pathologie Biologie 57 (2009) 86-89.
- Bona F, et al. Evaluation of seven immunochromatographic assays for the rapid detection of human rotaviruses in fecal specimens. Pathologie Biologie 55 (2007) 149-153.
- Crehalet H, Vandenesch F, Freydiere AM. Rapid detection of rotavirus in children: comparison of Vikia® Rota-Adeno and Diarlex®MB, two immunochromatographic tests. Poster presented at ESCMID 2006.