BIONEXIA® Influenza A+B
Rapid detection and differentiation of flu viruses
BIONEXIA® Influenza A+B is a rapid test for the detection of Influenza A and B viruses in human nasopharyngeal specimens.
- Convenient cassette format
- Reliable result at 10 minutes with minimum training required
- Safe and efficient sample collection1,2
- All-in-one kit
Do you need more information
Influenza (commonly known as flu) is a highly contagious acute infection of the respiratory tract. Types A and B are the most common types of human influenza virus. They can circulate simultaneously, but usually one type is dominant during a seasonal epidemic. Although a flu infection is not normally severe, certain populations are at higher risk of developing complications.
Our BIONEXIA® Influenza A+B test is able to detect and differentiate the influenza B and influenza A viruses, including H1N1, H5N1, H3N2.... Rapid, accurate diagnosis
means reducing the risk of transmission and outbreak, preventing inappropriate antibiotic use and ensuring early prescription of antiviral medication for high-risk patients.
Safe and efficient sample collection
- Flexible flocked swab for safe nasopharyngeal sample collection
- In line with the WHO recommendations3
A convenient assay for rapid results
The BIONEXIA® Influenza A+B test is extremely easy-to-use, reliable4,5 and cost-efficient6 .
BIONEXIA® Influenza A+B safe cassette format
- Detection and type differentiation of Influenza A and B in a single test
- All material needed to perform the test included in the kit (with positive control)
- Easy-to-use device
- Quick User Guide printed on the box
- Safe cassette format: no risk of contact with the biological material
- Results available in just 10 minutes
- Easy interpretation of results
Positive results are indicated by 2 or 3 distinct colored lines depending on the type of antibody present: red line for Influenza A and/or blue line for Influenza B. The green control line must always be present.
Who is at risk?
Populations at high risk of complications include:
- young children (6 months / 5 years old),
- the elderly (over 65),
- pregnant women,
- patients with chronic health conditions such as heart disease, diabetes or asthma,
- people in nursing homes or long-term care facilities,
- immunocompromized populations.
- Robinson JL, et al. Use of Throat Swab or Saliva Specimens for Detection of Respiratory Viruses in Children. CID 2008; 46 : e61-e64.
- Daley P, et al. Comparison of Flocked and Rayon Swabs for Collection of Respiratory Epithelial Cells from Uninfected Volunteers and Symptomatic Patients. J Clin Microbiol. 2006; 44 (6): 2265-2267.
- WHO recommendations on the use of rapid testing for influenza diagnosis. July 2005
- Picard C, et al. Comparative Evaluation Of bioNexia® Influenza A+B To QuickVue® Influenza A+B Test For The Detection Of Influenza In Pediatric Samples. Poster presented at ESPID congress May 28-June1, 2013. Milan, Italy.
- Briand H, et Al. Performance Evaluation of bioNexia® Influenza A+B, Rapid diagnosis test for the qualitativedetection of Influenza type A and type B antigens. Poster presented at RICAI congress Dec 1-2, 2011 (469)
- Bonner AB, et al. Pediatrics 2003;112:363-367
|BIONEXIA® Influenza A+B|
|Content of the kit||- 10 test cassettes in individually sealed pouches
- 10 sterile flocked swabs
- 10 extraction tubes with dropper caps
- 1 buffer bottle
- 1 positive control swab
- 1 reagent holder
- 1 quick user guide printed on the box
- 1 package insert
|Sample type||Human nasopharyngeal samples (swabs, aspirates, washes)|
|Time to result||10 minutes|
|Sample volume||3 drops of sample extract|
|Storage temperature||2 – 30°C|
|Shelf life||20 months from date of manufacturing|
Kits are for professional use in laboratories.
Consult your local bioMérieux representative for product availability in your country.
- Briand H, et al. Performance Evaluation of BIONEXIA® Influenza A+B, Rapid diagnosis test for the qualitative detection of Influenza type A and type B antigens. Poster presented at RICAI congress Dec 1-2, 2011 (469)
- Picard C, et al. Comparative Evaluation Of BIONEXIA® Influenza A+B To QuickVue® Influenza A+B Test For The Detection Of Influenza In Pediatric Samples. Poster presented at ESPID congress May 28-June1, 2013. Milan, Italy.