Fourth-Quarter 2015 Business Review21 January, 2016
- Robust sales dynamic, driving 7.1% organic growth for the year:
- €1,965 million in sales
- Up 15.7% as reported
- Higher sales in every region, with an especially brisk 16% gain in the Americas.
- Strengthened leadership of FilmArray® in syndromic molecular testing of infectious diseases:
- Sales up 80% ; rapid expansion of the installed base
- FDA clearance and CE-marking of a 4th panel: the Meningitis/Encephalitis Panel
- Submission to the FDA of FilmArray® Torch, the new high throughput FilmArray® system
- 2016 organic sales growth target set at 6% to 8%, confirming that the momentum observed over the past 12 months remains operative.
Alexandre Mérieux, Chief Executive Officer, said: "bioMérieux ended 2015 with a strong 7.1% increase in sales on an organic basis, exceeding our target for the year. The acquisition of BioFire made an active contribution to our growth and is delivering better results than predicted in our acquisition plan. Given the strong forward momentum in our strategic lines and the contribution of every region to consolidated growth, we expect to see sales increase by a further 6% to 8% over the coming year, at constant exchange rates and scope of consolidation."